National Farmers Union
WASHINGTON – Family farmers and ranchers traveling to San Diego for the National Farmers Union (NFU) 115th Anniversary Convention will have the opportunity to hear from two high-level panels on conservation in agriculture and the upcoming Farm Bill during the four-day conference.
The convention will bring together members, industry professionals, policymakers, and reporters for a series of educational panels and breakout sessions, two farm tours, and the organization’s unique, grassroots policy adoption process.
What: NFU 115th Anniversary Convention
Who: Conservation Panel (March 6, 2017)
• Jason Weller, former chief, U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service (panel moderator)
• David Gagner, director of government relations and external affairs, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
• Laura Lengnick, founder, Cultivating Resilience
• Ron Nichols, soil health and communications coordinator, U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service
Farm Bill Panel (March 7, 2017)
• Jerry Hagstrom, founder and executive editor, Hagstrom Report (panel moderator)
• Chuck Connor, president & CEO, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives
• Vincent Smith, Ph.D., visiting scholar and director of agriculture studies, American Enterprise Institute
• Roger Johnson, president, National Farmers Union
Featured Speakers (March 6-7, 2017)
• Tom Buis, co-chairman of the board of directors, Growth Energy
• Robert Egger, founder and president, L.A. Kitchen
• Jim Ennis, executive director, Catholic Rural Life
• Barry Lynn, director of Open Markets, New America
Where: Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa, 3999 Mission Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92109, (858) 488-1081
When: March 5-8, 2017
Complimentary registration is available for members of the media. Please email Andrew Jerome at [email protected], with the attached registration form if you plan to attend.
The most up-to-date convention information, including a tentative agenda and hotel information, can be found on the NFU website at www.nfu.org/convention.