Four candidates will interview for North Dakota State University’s Vice President for Agriculture in November and December.
The finalists and the dates of their open forums are:
• Bret Hess, interim executive director, Western Association of Agricultural Experiment Station Directors; Nov. 18 and 19 interview with an open forum 2-3 p.m. Nov. 18, Century Theater, NDSU Memorial Union.
• Eric Berg, professor of meat animal science and muscle biology, North Dakota State University: Nov. 20 and 21 interview with an open forum 2-3 p.m. Nov. 20, Century Theater, NDSU Memorial Union.
• Greg Lardy, acting director, N.D. Agricultural Experiment Station; interim director, NDSU Extension; associate vice president for agricultural affairs, North Dakota State University; Dec. 2 and 3 interview with an open forum 2-3 p.m. Dec. 2, Century Theater, NDSU Memorial Union.
• Andrea Travnicek, deputy assistant secretary -- land and minerals management, U.S. Department of the Interior; Dec. 16 and 17 interview with an open forum 2-3 p.m. Dec. 16, Century Theater, NDSU Memorial Union.
“NDSU is searching for the next leader of its agricultural programs and will be hosting four exceptional candidates in November and December,” said Jane Schuh, NDSU vice president for research and creative activity and committee co-chair with Keith Peltier, past State Board of Agricultural Research and Education chair and Proseed Inc. president and general manager.
“Each brings considerable national experience and a unique perspective for the future of agriculture to this comprehensive role, which encompasses the positions of vice president for agriculture; dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources; director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station; and director of NDSU Extension.
“We invite NDSU Agriculture friends and the NDSU community to hear these candidates’ visions for the future of North Dakota agriculture and provide their feedback to the committee,” Schuh said.
For those unable to attend in person, the open forums will be recorded and posted at https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/vp-ag-search with information about the candidates.
Distance participants can connect live from an IVN videoconference room, from their computer/smartphone or from a regular phone:
• Computer: https://join.nd.gov/1678776 (Chrome or Firefox).
• IVN Room: 1678776.
• Phone: 701-328-7950, collaboration code: 302879#.