NDSU Agriculture, Extension faculty and staff honored
North Dakota State University honored Agriculture and Extension faculty and staff in an awards ceremony Dec. 13.
Ken Grafton, vice president for Agricultural Affairs, dean of the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources, and director of the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station, and Chris Boerboom, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards during the 21st annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Forty-seven people were nominated this year.
The 2012 award recipients were:
· Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award – Tom DeSutter, assistant professor, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Soil Science).
· Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award – Anna Grazul-Bilska, professor, Department of Animal Sciences.
· Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award – Siew Lim, assistant professor, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
· H.Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award – Janice Haggart, instructor, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences.
· William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award – Rachel Richman, senior lecturer, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences.
· Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award – Reid Redden, Extension sheep specialist and assistant professor, Department of Animal Sciences.
· AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award – Brad Brummond, Extension agent, Walsh County.
· Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award – Kirk Anderson, research specialist, School of Natural Resource Sciences (Entomology).
· Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award – Sandy Erickson, administrative assistant, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences.
· Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award – Nels Olson, research technician, Hettinger Research Extension Center.