2013 N.D. Dairy Cow College dates set
Dairy efficiency, feeding strategies and animal stewardship are among the topics for the 2013 Dairy Cow College sessions.
Dairy Cow College is a joint educational effort of the North Dakota State University Extension Service and Midwest Dairy Association (MDA) in cooperation with the NDSU Animal Sciences Department and the Extension offices in Barnes, Dunn, Emmons, McIntosh, Morton, Oliver, Pierce, Ramsey, Stark/Billings and Stutsman counties.
The dates and locations for this year’s sessions are:
· Jan. 28: KEM Electric Cooperative, Linton
· Jan. 29: Elks Lodge, Dickinson
· Jan. 30: Youth Building, Morton County Fairgrounds, New Salem
· Jan. 31: Heritage Hall, Lake Region State College, Devils Lake (new location this year)
· Feb. 1: AgCountry Farm Credit Services, Valley City
All of the sessions will begin with registration and coffee at 10:30 a.m. local time. The program starts at 11 a.m.
Other major topics for this year’s Dairy Cow College are dairy animal best management practices, reducing waste on a dairy farm and how dairy managers can enhance their employee supervisory skills.
NDSU Extension dairy specialist J.W. Schroeder and NDSU Extension livestock stewardship specialist Gerald Stokka will be the presenters at this year’s sessions.
Other activities will include American Dairy Association and MDA district meetings, presentations on current dairy topics and a question-and-answer session.
For more information about the Dairy Cow College, visit http://tinyurl.com/dairycowcollege, or contact Schroeder at (701) 231-7663 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the following Extension agents:
· Linton – Kelcey Holm, (701) 254-4811, email@example.com, or Crystal Schaunaman, (701) 288-3465, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Dickinson – Kurt Froelich, (701) 456-7665, email@example.com, or Becky Buchmann, (701) 764-5593, firstname.lastname@example.org
· New Salem – Jackie Buckley, (701) 667-3340, email@example.com, or Rick Schmidt, (701) 794-8748, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Devils Lake – Bill Hodous, (701) 662-7027, email@example.com, or Yolanda Goodman, (701) 776-6234, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Valley City – Randy Grueneich, (701) 845-8528, email@example.com, or Lindsey Novak, (701) 252-9030, firstname.lastname@example.org