USDA program update
The 2013 DCP/ACRE sign up began on February 19, 2013.
· The DCP sign-up period will end on Aug. 2, 2013;
· The ACRE sign-up period will end on June 3, 2013.
· The 2013 DCP and ACRE program provisions are unchanged from 2012, except that all eligible participants in 2013 may choose to enroll in either DCP or ACRE for the 2013 crop year. This means that eligible producers who were enrolled in ACRE in 2012 may elect to enroll in DCP in 2013 or may re-enroll in ACRE in 2013 (and vice versa).
BEFORE you sign up for 2013 DCP or ACRE, your files must be updated with any changes that have been made since 2012, which include:
· Farming new land in 2013 that you have not farmed before
· New land that you purchased, or land that you sold
· Entities that you created while working with a financial advisor, attorney, etc. that may now be listed as the owner of your land (Trusts, Corporations, LLP’s, LLC’s, etc.).
2011 SURE Program signup is in progress. The deadline to apply is June 7, 2013. If you want to file an application for the 2011 SURE program, contact our office to make an appointment.
2013 NAP Policy – The deadline to purchase a 2013 NAP policy for spring-seeded crops & most forage crops is March 15, 2013. Call the office for an appointment to purchase your 2013 NAP policy.
2012 ACRE Production Evidence: If you participated in ACRE in 2012, you must report your production for those farms on or before July 15, 2013. Forms for reporting your ACRE production are ready for you to pick up at the county office, or we can scan & email them to you.
Contact the Brown County FSA Office at (605) 226-3360, ext. 2 for an appointment.