N.D. Crop Improvement and Seed Association conference set for Feb. 5-6
The 62nd annual North Dakota Crop Improvement and Seed Association (NDCISA) meeting will be held at the Grand Hotel in Minot on Feb. 5-6.
The conference begins with the NDCISA board of directors meeting on Feb. 5 starting at 10:15 a.m. On Feb. 6, there will be a business meeting, committee meetings, guest speakers and a luncheon.
Speakers include Alan Slater, Anheuser-Busch InBev Midwest Barley Operations director; Richard Horsley, NDSU Department of Plant Sciences head, professor and barley breeder; Paul Schwarz, NDSU malting barley quality professor; and Al Gustin, author and former agricultural broadcaster.
The Feb. 6 schedule, topics and speakers are:
• 7:30 a.m. – registration
• 8:15 a.m. – committee meetings
• 9 a.m. – business meeting
• 10:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – guest speakers and luncheon
• Busch Agricultural Resources Inc. barley seed program update – Slater
• NDSU barley breeding program and Plant Sciences Department update – Horsley
• How much barley is in that beer? – Schwarz
• Reflections on North Dakota agriculture – Gustin
The conference is free and open to the public. However, registration is required. For more information or to register, contact Toni Muffenbier, NDCISA office manager, at (701) 231-8067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.