‘Angus Night on the Mountain’ raises $74,000
Angus Foundation supporters ventured to Larkspur, Colo., to attend the 2014 “Angus Night on the Mountain” held Jan. 15 at Spruce Mountain Ranch LLC. Several exclusive packages and a raffle item were offered throughout the evening and raised $74,220 in gross proceeds for the Angus Foundation and the 2014 National Junior Angus Show (NJAS).
“Our hats are off to Tom and Lois Ames for their first-class hospitality and welcoming us to their beautiful Spruce Mountain Ranch venue for this special occasion,” says Milford Jenkins, Angus Foundation president. “Their underwriting of this fundraiser enables us to realize a higher amount of net income from event proceeds for our program and the 2014 NJAS.”
Packages offered to benefit the Angus Foundation were:
• Advanced Reproductive Technology Package, donated by Trans Ova Genetics and their cloning division ViaGen, Sioux Center, Iowa. Purchased for $10,250 by Seven T Farms LLC, Sullivan, Mo.
• 2014 Angus Foundation Golf Tournament Event Sponsorship, donated by the Angus Foundation. Purchased for $4,000 by Express Angus Ranches, Yukon, Okla.
• 7 Day – 5 Animals – Trophy Hunt Safari Package in South Africa, donated by Gary Phillips Hunting Safaris. Purchased for $8,500 by Brad Schnoor, Chowchilla, Calif.
• Cruise for Two on Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, donated by the Angus Foundation and Cotter Travel Associates, St. Joseph, Mo. Purchased for $4,250 by Basin Angus Ranch, Joliet, Mont.
• Couples Golf Weekend Package in Austin, Texas, donated by Stallion Angus Ranch, Bertram, Texas. Purchased for $2,750 by Steve Stratford, Pratt, Kan.
• Getaway Package at Crazy K Ranch LLC, donated by Crazy K Ranch LLC, Michie, Tenn. Purchased for $6,500 by Wheeler Farm, Chickasha, Okla.
• A Quick Get-A-Way to The Greenbrier Hotel and Resort, donated by Greenbrier Hotel and Resort, White Sulpher Springs, W.Va. Purchased by Express Angus Ranches, Yukon, Okla., for $3,500.
• “The Guardian” No. 1 of 50 Limited Edition framed Angus image, donated by Legacy Livestock Imaging, Topeka, Kan. Purchased for $4,250 by Wilks Ranch, Cisco, Texas.
• “Angus in the Heartland” 2014 NJAS blue glass bowl, donated by 2014 NJAS hosts Indiana Angus Association and Indiana Jr. Angus Association. Purchased for $1,500 by Mark Nieslanik, Carbondale, Colo.
From the high interest in supporting the Angus Foundation and the 2014 NJAS, additional packages were donated:
• Haley’s Fairview Farm, Rusk, Texas, matched the price of $6,500 for the Getaway Package at Crazy K Ranch.
• Jim Hanratty, Pueblo, Colo., purchased for a set of four tickets to an Avalanche Hockey Game for $800.
• Wayne Wilde, Shevlin, Minn., purchased an additional Advanced Reproductive Technology Package for $10,000.
• Teixeira Beach House Vacation donated by Teixeira Cattle Company, Pismo Beach, Calif. Purchased by Mark Nieslanik, Carbondale, Colo., for $3,000. Afterwards, Crazy K Ranch LLC, Michie, Tenn., matched the $3,000 price for an additional vacation.
• Wilks Ranch, Cisco, Texas, had the winning bid of $3,800 on an additional package, two handcrafted office chairs, donated by Randy and Lana Hahn of Copper Creek Canyon Cattle Co., Winchester, Ind. The proceeds will benefit the 2014 NJAS.
At the conclusion of the event, “The Veteran” a No. 1 of 100 Limited Edition print, donated by Amanda Raithel of Cattleart.com, Falls City, Neb., was raffled. The raffle generated $1,620, and Brent Maupin was the beholder of the lucky raffle ticket.
“We are excited to announce this year’s event proceeds were doubled from previous years,” Jenkins says. “A special thank you to our hosts Tom and Lois Ames of Spruce Mountain Ranch, their family and outstanding professional staff, our volunteers, generous donors and buyers of our live auction items, along with Cotton & Associates who have helped coordinate this fun and memorable activity.”
Assisting the Angus Foundation in event management was Larry Cotton and his team at Cotton & Associates. Larry and Ryan Cotton served as event co-emcees. Steve Dorran was the auctioneer for the evening, and he was assisted by the following ringmen: Terry Cotton, Mathew Printz, Alan Sears, Jim Gies, Juston Stelzer and Delvin Heldermon.