N.D. Stockmen’s Association plans Spring Roundups June 9-14
The North Dakota Stockmen’s Association (NDSA) is hosting its annual Spring Roundup meeting series, “Promotion in Motion,” June 9-14 across North Dakota. Meetings begin with a social at 5:30 p.m. local time, followed by a free supper and a short program featuring NDSA President Jason Zahn and NDSA Executive Vice President Julie Ellingson, who will provide re-caps of the NDSA’s latest work. The pair will be joined by representatives from the North Dakota Beef Commission, who will discuss the history and importance of the beef checkoff in North Dakota and in the United States. North Dakota Beef Commission Secretary-Treasurer Kathy Tokach will be at District 1 and 2 Spring Roundups; Past North Dakota Beef Commission Chairman Jerry Effertz, who currently serves on the Beef Promotion and Operating Committee, will be at the District 3 and 4 Spring Roundups; and North Dakota Beef Commission Chairman Clark Price will be at the District 5 and 6 Spring Roundups.
The District 1 Spring Roundup will also feature Rob Maddock, Brooke Frederickson and Janel Getz. The trio will present “The Ultimate Red Meat: Beef; Its Value and Health Benefits.” Maddock, an associate professor of meat science at North Dakota State University (NDSU), will discuss and demonstrate the value of whole cuts of beef and the trim and loss associated with individual high-value cuts. Frederickson and Getz, both registered dieticians, will discuss the latest in beef nutrition research and refute some of the negative myths about red meat.
The week’s schedule is as follows:
• NDSA District 1 Chairman Dan Rorvig of McVille, N.D., will host the first Spring Roundup on Monday, June 9, at Stump Lake Historical Park south of Lakota, N.D.
• NDSA District 2 Chairman Gene Heinrich of Medina, N.D., will host the District 2 Spring Roundup on Tuesday, June 10, at the Quality Inn & Suites in Jamestown, N.D.
• NDSA District 3 Chairman Jeremy Doan of Bismarck, N.D., will host the Wednesday, June 11, Spring Roundup at Rolling Plains Adventures in Sterling, N.D.
• NDSA District 4 Chairman Fred Helbling of Mandan, N.D., will host that district’s Spring Roundup on Thursday, June 12, at Roby’s Supper Club in Mandan, N.D.
• NDSA District 5 Chairman Winton Wold of Watford City, N.D., will host that district’s Spring Roundup on Saturday, June 14, at Fox Hill Golf Course in Watford City, N.D.
• NDSA District 6 Chairman Roger Effertz of Granville, N.D., will host that district’s Spring Roundup on Friday, June 13, at the Granville Community Center in Granville, N.D.
The Spring Roundups are free and open to members and non-members alike. For more information, call (701) 223-2522 or visit www.ndstockmen.org.