USGC Summer Annual Meeting in Omaha, Nebraska – July 28-30
The U.S. Grains Council is pleased to announce that Omaha, Nebraska, will become your gateway to the world at the U.S. Grains Council’s 54th Annual Board of Delegates Meeting from July 28-30, 2014.
The Council has packed a dynamic conference into three days. Media attending the conference will have the opportunity to hear from keynote speaker Howard G. Buffett about his foundation’s commitment to agriculture, especially in emerging countries. Other areas of focus will include Council efforts in Africa, the future of freight, a roundtable discussion on China and other issues affecting global agricultural trade. All attendees will leave with an enhanced perspective on the work that must be done to keep the United States at the forefront of global agricultural trade.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Howard G. Buffett, renowned philanthropist and author of 40 Chances: Finding Hope in a Hungary World
• Fred Gale, USDA Economic Research Service senior economist, China team
• Bryan Lomhar, USGC director in China
• Gary Blumenthal, World Perspectives, Inc. president and CEO
• Greg Ibach, Nebraska Department of Agriculture director
• Hasan Hyder, Union Pacific Railroad assistant vice president of grain and grain products
• Juan Jaramillo, Solla vice president of purchases and logistics
Don’t miss out on your chance to hear from these expert speakers, register today. Don’t forget, the hotel room block deadline is June 30.
For more information, contact Marri Carrow or Katelyn Parsons at 202-789-0789 with any questions.