Edmunds County Achievement Days set for August 6-8
The Edmunds County 4-H Achievement Days are scheduled for August 6-8. This year’s theme is “4-H Is Your Ticket to Fun.”
The three days will begin with the Dog Show on Wednesday, August 6, starting at 8:00 a.m. at the 4-H Building. The Horse Show and Fun Day will be that evening at 6:30 p.m. at the Trail Days Arena.
Thursday will include the entering and judging of static exhibits as well at poultry, cat and rabbit judging. The evening will end with the pet show followed by the crowning of the 2014 Achievement Days King and Queen.
Friday will be the livestock show and judging starting at 9:00 a.m. This will be followed by a softball game. That evening will be the Beef BBQ starting at 5:30 p.m. followed by the Premium Sale. Please watch upcoming newspapers for a more detailed schedule.
All residents of Edmunds County are invited to show their talents at our Open Class Booth. This year we are looking for exhibits that fall into the following categories:
• Scrapbook Fun – create a single scrapbook page on a subject or theme
• Greeting Cards – create one homemade greeting card for any occasion
• Patchwork County – make a lap quilt, wall hanging, table runner, placemat, tote bag, pillow, or other small item
• Flower Power – bring three flowers, bulbs or tubers in a disposable container
• Duct Tape Dynasty – create something out of duct tape
• Photo Challenge – enter your favorite photo from 4×6 to 8×10 mounted on a firm board
• Place Setting Fun – bring a placemat, centerpiece and complete table setting for one person
For any questions please call the Edmunds County Extension Office at (605) 426-6971.