Free estate planning seminar for farmers – July 29
“Keep a Family, a Family and a Farm, a Farm!”
Carolyn A. Thompson explains how:
• Your farm will transfer quickly and safely to your family upon your death, in a manner that you want.
• Your legacy will be preserved and not fall into the typical “divide and destroy” plans (simple estate plans that just don’t work with farmers).
• You will be protected from probate court fees, probate attorney fees, a time commitment from your family, thus reducing the post-death administration costs.
• You can create plans so your family will not need to sell the farm to pay federal estate taxes.
• You can provide the exit strategy if you want an heir to be able to “sell” their interest in the operation.
Don’t Bet the Farm.
There are a number of planning strategies that could help you ensure your estate is administered efficiently upon your death, saving your family thousands of dollars in taxes, probate, and attorney fees. Even more important than that is creating distribution plans unique to your goals.
• Tuesday, July 29, 2014
• 6:30 p.m. Event Registration
• 7:00 p.m. Seminar
• Location: Sioux Falls Convention Center, 1201 N West Ave, Sioux Falls, S.D.
• Hosted by: Thompson Law, P.C.
• To register, call 605.362.9100 or visit www.cathompsonlaw.com.
• RSVP by Friday, July 18.