Syngenta Drive to Thrive 10 finalists announced
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Syngenta recently announced the 10 finalists in its Drive to Thrive contest. These finalists, who will each receive a touchscreen tablet and leather case, will now compete for the grand prize – a $500 gas card and the chance to be featured in an upcoming issue of Thrive magazine. The competition, which began in April, invited growers and other agricultural industry professionals to describe what makes their farms or agribusinesses thrive.
“From new technology to family, the topics of participants’ responses were both thoughtful and heartfelt,” said Wendell Calhoun, communications manager at Syngenta. “Although the decision was difficult, our panel of judges has narrowed the field to 10 finalists.”
These finalists, who come from varied backgrounds but share a love of agriculture, are:
• Bobby Byrd from Plainview, Texas
• Jim Cuddeback from Washington, Iowa
• Gary Heyerdahl from Cooperstown, North Dakota
• Mark Lynch from Barnum, Iowa
• Wade Ostrander from Indianapolis, Indiana
• Edward Silva from Davis, California
• Stacey Stearns from Storrs, Connecticut
• Robert Subart from Robinson, North Dakota
• Dean Taylor from Blissfield, Michigan
• William Garrison Thompson from Georgetown, Kentucky
Syngenta has posted all 10 winning essays and photos to the Thrive website. Online voting along with the judges’ scores will determine the grand prizewinner. Voting ends Sept. 1, 2014, with Syngenta announcing the winner in October.
For more information and to vote for your favorite, go to the Drive to Thrive page at www.syngentathrive.com. Join the conversation online – connect with us at social.SyngentaUS.com.