AHA announces fall 2014 Gold TPR breeders; fall EPDs are online
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Thirty-two dedicated Hereford breeders achieved Gold TPR (Total Performance Records) status for fall 2014, according to the American Hereford Association (AHA).
Also, the AHA has released the updated EPDs for fall 2014. The EPDs and the updated Trends, Traits and Distributions report are available online at Hereford.org.
The Gold TPR Breeder recognition is presented to progressive Hereford breeders who have measured traits and collected and promptly submitted performance data at all levels of production.
“The reason the Gold TPR program was established was to recognize those breeders who go the extra mile to collect data at all levels of production and report that data in a timely manner,” says AHA Chief Operating Officer and Director of Breed Improvement Jack Ward.
Since the program’s inception in 2005, Hereford breeders have increased their data collection efforts.
Breeders must meet a specific set of requirements in order to be eligible for the program. They are:
• Herd inventory submitted prior to date inventory surcharge goes into effect.
• Complete reporting of calving ease and reproductive status for each dam on inventory.
• Complete reporting of birth weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of weaning weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of yearling weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of scrotal measurements for each bull calf with a recorded yearling weight.
• Ultrasound data reported on 25% or more of the calf crop.
• Note: For weaning and yearling weights, disposal codes are accepted if the animal has been removed from the herd.
The following Hereford breeders were recognized as fall 2014 Gold TPR Breeders:
Bay Brook Farm, Dabneys, Va.
Bayou Pierre Farm, Wesson, Miss.
Beever Family Herefords, Mansfield, Ill.
Rex Bradford, Saint Marys, Ohio
Brannan & Reinhardt, Otis, Kan.
Deer Track Farm, Spotsylvania, Va.
Double J Farm LLC, Fayetteville, N.C.
Fields Edge Herefords, Narvon, Pa.
Five Star Polled Herefords, Smithville, W.Va.
Gary Hedrick, Marietta, Ga.
Frank Hug & Sons, Scranton, Kan.
David or Juanita Jennings, Rogers, Ark.
JMS Polled Herefords, Knifley, Ky.
Kinnear Polled Herefords, Joshua, Texas
Knoll Crest Farm, Red House, Va.
Meadow Ridge Farms, Inc., Broadway, Va.
Nickelson Farms, Belgrade, Mo.
WC Norris Jr., Burkesville, Ky.
NS Polled Herefords, Shaker Heights, Ohio
Oleen Bros., Dwight, Kan.
P&J Polled Herefords, La Vernia, Texas
Gino Pedretti, El Nido, Calif.
Rollingwood Ranch, Potter Valley, Calif.
Shaw Cattle Co. Inc., Caldwell, Idaho
Sheriff Polled Herefords, Orient, Iowa
Snedden Herefords, Maricopa, Calif.
Sonoma Mountain Herefords, Santa Rosa, Calif.
Still River Ranch, Van Alstyne, Texas
Texas 2T Farm Nacogdoches, Texas
Trinity Farms, Mount Pleasant, Texas
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, Va.
Walker Polled Hereford Farm, Morrison, Tenn.