Register for the South Dakota Annual Angus Tour
Angus breeders can now register for the South Dakota Annual Angus Tour, scheduled for Sept. 22-23. The tour allows Angus breeders to meet new people, learn more about Angus cattle, and visit ranches across southeastern South Dakota. This year’s tour features 21 Angus farms in the state and begins in Mitchell, S.D.
“We are ready to showcase Angus in South Dakota,” says Malynda Penner, event co-chair. “We always look forward to meeting Angus producers who share the same passion for Angus cattle that we do.”
Registration costs are $100 per couple or $75 for a single person before Sept. 1. After that date, registration increases to $125 per couple or $100 for a single person. Registration includes meals for both days, a hotel room and transportation.
Angus farms included on this year’s tour are: Moore Angus, Blacktop Farms, Geppert Rock Creek Angus, Callies Angus, Bruns Angus, Hyland Angus, Cotton Angus, Buseman Angus, JK Angus, Bussmus Angus, Carter Angus, Peterson Angus, Roth Angus, Mogck & Sons Angus, LaGrand Angus, Mogck Angus Farms, Koupal Angus, Koupal’s B&B Angus, Varilek Angus, Mohnen Angus, and Soulek Angus.
The tour will feature:
• 2014 bull calves and dams along with heifer calves, with nearly 400 head on display at one location alone.
• 4th and 5th generations of line bred cattle.
• Calves out of the new Genex sire Sitz Investment, the $192,000 Mogck Bullseye, the $42,000 Mogck Frontmann 114, the Accelerated Genetic’s Mogck Sure Shot, and Select Sire’s newest edition, MAF Tanker. Also see first sons and daughters of the $75,000 PA Fortitude 2500 (Genex) and numerous Power Tool daughters.
• The Dam and daughters of Koupal’s B & B Identity 0020 will be showcased along with the Dam and progeny of Koupals B & B Ft Knox 2077, Dam of Koupal’s B & B Titan 3013 –2014 Top selling bull to Lindskov-Thiel Ranch, Dam of Koupal’s B & B Dante 2069, Daughters and progeny of Koupal’s B & B Extra 0011 and the Koupal’s B & B Endurance 202 sire and progeny.
• Everyone will have the opportunity to evaluate the $120,000 Mohnen South Dakota 402 along with his outstanding progeny. Also on display will be the $160,000 Mohnen Impressive 1093, and calves by Long Haul, Long Distance, Sandhills, Harvestor, Sierra Cut, VAR Reserve and more.
• Numerous cows, bred heifers and top donors will be showcased.
• Come see and evaluate the 14-year-old Mohnen Jilt 910.
• The dam of $55,000 Mogck Frontman 353 and Safeguard’s dam will be on display.
• Koupal Ebonette 734 dam of Koupal Advance 28 and maternal brother Koupal Junction 037 will be on display. Progeny from Koupal Juneau 797 the sire of Koupal Advance 28, and Koupal Czech 158 will also be shown.
For more information on the event or to register, contact Malynda Penner at 605-929-7314 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete schedule follows.
Day 1 – Monday, Sept. 22
8:00 a.m. Leave Ramada Inn, Mitchell, S.D.
8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Moore Angus with guests Blacktop Farms, & Geppert Rock Creek Angus
11:00 to 11:45 a.m. Callies Angus
12:15 to 2:15 p.m. Bruns Angus
2:30 to 3:15 p.m. Hyland Angus & Cotton Angus
4:00 to 4:45 p.m. Buseman Angus
5:00 to 7:30 p.m. JK Angus w/ guests Bussmus Angus, Carter Angus, Peterson Angus & Roth Angus (Supper, Program & Pay it Forward Auction)
8:15 to 8:30 p.m. Buses will arrive back at Ramada Inn
Day 2 – Tuesday, Sept. 23
7:15 a.m. Leave Ramada Inn, Mitchell, S.D.
8:00 to 10:00 a.m. Mogck & Sons Angus with guest LaGrand Angus
10:15 to 11:00 a.m. Mogck Angus Farms
11:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Koupal Angus with Koupal’s B&B Angus
2:30 to 3:45 p.m. Varilek Angus
4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mohnen Angus with guest Soulek Angus
7:15 to 7:30 p.m. Buses arrive back to Ramada Inn