Managing Replacement Heifers for the Future webinar series
BROOKINGS — Current economic conditions in the cow/calf sector are sending strong signals for expansion. At the same time cattle values have risen to unprecedented levels, and therefore increasing the importance of best management practices to increase the likelihood of success. SDSU Extension will host a five-part webinar series to help producers make the best decisions for their operations regarding heifer management and retention strategies.
The 2015 webinar series will run Jan. 14, 21, 28, Feb. 11, and Feb.18 All sessions will start at 12:30 p.m. CST and run for one hour.
These can be viewed from anywhere with internet access, allowing producers the ability to take advantage of these learning opportunities without leaving the ranch. Participants will be able to type in questions for the presenters to answer. All sessions also will be recorded for later viewing if participants aren’t able to catch one of the sessions.
Cost will be $25. To register online, visit http://iGrow.org/store.
Presenter information subject to change
• Jan. 14: Heifer Development as a Business, Adele Harty and Heather Gessner
• Jan. 21: Heifer Development and Management Strategies, Dr. Julie Walker and Dr. Elaine Grings
• Jan. 28: Health Management for Replacement Heifers, Dr. Russ Daly
• Feb. 11: Genetic Selection for Maternal Traits and Sire Selection for Breeding to Heifers, Warren Rusche
• Feb. 18: Reproductive Technologies, Dr. George Perry and Robin Salverson
To learn more, contact Warren Rusche, SDSU Extension Cow/Calf Field Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.