NDSU agriculture, Extension faculty and staff honored
North Dakota State University faculty and staff received awards for excellence in research, teaching, Extension and support staff efforts in an awards ceremony on campus Dec. 11.
David Buchanan, associate dean for academic programs in the College of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Natural Resources, and Chris Boerboom, director of the NDSU Extension Service, presented the awards during the 23rd annual Agriculture and Extension Faculty/Staff Awards program. Fifty-three people were nominated this year.
The 2014 award recipients were:
• Larson/Yaggie Excellence in Research Award – Marisol Berti, associate professor, Department of Plant Sciences
• Eugene R. Dahl Excellence in Research Award – Phillip McClean, professor, Department of Plant Sciences
• Earl and Dorothy Foster Excellence in Teaching Award – Ryan Larsen, assistant professor, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
• H.Roald and Janet Lund Excellence in Teaching Award – Rachel Richman, senior lecturer, Department of Veterinary and Microbiological Sciences
• William J. and Angelyn A. Austin Excellence in Advising Award – Jeremy Jackson, assistant professor, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics
• Myron and Muriel Johnsrud Excellence in Extension/Outreach Award – Christina Rittenbach, Extension agent, Stutsman County
• AGSCO Excellence in Extension Award – Linda Hauge, Extension 4-H youth development specialist, Center for 4-H Youth Development
• Charles and Linda Moses Staff Award – James Jordahl, research specialist, Department of Plant Pathology
• Donald and Jo Anderson Staff Award – Linda McCaw, administrative assistant/conference coordinator/Ag Consortium scheduler, Agriculture Communication
• Rick and Jody Burgum Staff Award – Robert Baumann, agricultural research technician, Department of Plant Sciences