24 families honored in CHS Farm Family of the Year Photo Contest
ST. PAUL, Minn. — A photo contest sponsored by CHS Inc., the nation’s leading farmer-owned cooperative, generated 70,107 total votes on university Facebook pages – which is nearly equal to the number of seats in the Kinnick Stadium at the University of Iowa. Throughout the country, 715 farm families shared their photos and stories on the athletics Facebook pages of their favorite colleges, with each contest lasting about two weeks.
“Farm families deserve recognition for all that they do to help feed the world and keep our rural communities strong,” says Linda Tank, senior vice president, CHS Communications and Public Affairs. “We congratulate all the winning families and admire their passion for agriculture and their hard work and dedication.”
The 2014 CHS Farm Family of the Year Photo Contest winners include:
• Colorado State University: Corman family of Otis, Colo.
• Iowa State University: Weber family of Hopkinton, Iowa
• Kansas State University: Cunningham family of Medicine Lodge, Kan.
• Louisiana Tech University: Moon family of Farmerville, La.
• Missouri State University: Cope family of Crane, Mo.
• Mississippi State University: Judson family of West Point, Miss.
• Montana State University: Hastings family of Great Falls, Mont.
• North Dakota State University: Becker family of Devils Lake, N.D.
• Oklahoma State University: Shepard family of Helena, Okla.
• Oregon State University: Bauman family of Gervais, Ore.
• Purdue University: Hein family of Crown Point, Ind.
• South Dakota State University: Williams family of Colman, S.D.
• Texas Tech University: Jansen family of Buda, Texas
• University of Idaho: Iverson family of Bonners Ferry, Idaho
• University of Illinois: Horsman family of Champaign, Ill.
• University of Iowa: Fobian family of Iowa City, Iowa
• University of Louisiana-Monroe (tie vote): Dickson family of Mer Rouge, La., and Landrum-Kennedy family of Monroe, La.
• University of Memphis: Vaughn family of Memphis, Tenn.
• University of Minnesota: Holmstadt family of Lake City, Minn.
• University of Missouri: Timm family of Oak Grove, Mo.
• University of Montana: Loendorf family of Wolf Point, Mont.
• University of South Dakota: Sorensen family of Vermillion, S.D.
• University of Wisconsin: Peterson family of Baldwin, Wis.
Families receiving the most votes won tickets to a college football game where they were treated to a VIP experience that included a family video and being featured on the stadium’s jumbotron. They also received team wearables, a CHS gift basket and a commemorative glass award. The upbeat, game-day videos featuring each winning farm family can be viewed at chsinc.com/farm-family-main
The CHS Farm Family of the Year Photo Contest is part of a broader CHS partnership with 25 universities, designed to help tell the story of U.S. agriculture and build pride in the cooperative system. More information about the CHS Farm Family of the Year Photo Contest as well as CHS products, services, scholarships and careers can be found at chsinc.com