North Dakota 4-H Foundation announces 2015 scholarship recipients
The North Dakota 4-H Foundation has awarded 10 scholarships to 4-H members.
The scholarships and recipients are:
• Eleanor R. Schultz Memorial Scholarship ($300) – Hannah Nordby, Slope County
• Jerome Striegel Memorial Scholarship ($150) – Abby Zikmund, Walsh County
• Rosevold Memorial Scholarship ($400) – Cassie Podliska, Richland County
• Farm & Ranch Guide ($500) – Joanna Larson, Eddy County
• North Dakota 4-H Foundation Scholarship (in honor of Erwin and Nora Klusmann and John Norgaard, $350) – Casondra Rutschke, Emmons County
• John DeKrey Jr. and Hannah DeKrey Scholarship ($750) – Kacey Koester, Kidder County
• John D. Paulson Memorial Award ($1,000 each) – Hayley Fingarson and Abby Zikmund, Walsh County
• Kelci Jo Willson Memorial Award ($500) – Jessi Lagein, Towner County
• Steve E. and Mary M. Tuhy Scholarship ($500) – Courtney Kemmet, Mercer County
As part of the selection process, applicants submit answers to questions about what skills and types of knowledge they gained from 4-H project and leadership experiences, how they used 4‐H experiences to impact their communities, and how 4‐H has helped shape them as a person and influenced their futures.
“The scholarship committee received 38 very qualified applicants,” says Meredith Gilroy, North Dakota 4-H Foundation executive director. “I was incredibly impressed by the determination our 4-H members have to make their community and state a better place. The future is very bright for 4-H’ers in North Dakota.”
The North Dakota 4-H Foundation is the North Dakota State University Center for 4-H Youth Development’s private-sector, nonprofit partner. Visit www.ndsu.edu/4h for more information about scholarships and other North Dakota 4-H activities.