Chris Loutsch selected as Milbank FFA chapter president
Chris Loutsch has been selected as the 2015-2016 Milbank FFA Chapter President at the Annual FFA Member-Parent Banquet on May 14. The other FFA Senior Chapter officers selected were: Vice Presidents, Rebekah Tuchscherer; Secretary, Brianna Schreurs; Treasurer, Kadon Leddy; Reporter, Magally Aburto; Sentinel, Trevor Schmidt; Student Advisor, Kristine Fairchild; and Parliamentarian, Tera Hanson.
The following Top Chapter Awards were given out to the following Milbank FFA members.
• The Seize the Moment — Justin Maass Award — was awarded to Jamie Mundwiler. The Seize the Moment–Justin Maass Award is voted on by the Milbank FFA members for the FFA member who best represents enthusiasm and dedication for the Milbank FFA Chapter through out the year. Jamie has been the 2014-2015 Milbank FFA Chapter President, attended the National FFA Convention as a member of the National Chours. Jamie tried out for State FFA Officer, member of the Milbank FFA Horse Team, sold fruit, and planned FFA Week activities. Jamie received a plaque and $150 scholarship from the Lynn & Brenda Maass family.
• Member of the Year — Sharon Folk. The Member of the Year is awarded to the FFA member who is the most involved with the Milbank FFA Chapter. Sharon has been involved numerous FFA activities throughout the year. Sharon was a member of the 2014 Milbank Veterinary Science Career Development Team. Sharon was a member of the 2014 Milbank Agriculture Issue team that represented Milbank at the District and State level. Sharon was selected as the KSFY Scholar of the Week.
• Star Greenhand — Magally Aburto. The Star FFA Greenhand is the top award given to a first year FFA member. Magally was a junior FFA officer, attended the State FFA Leadership and State FFA Convention. Magally was a member of Milbank FFA Floriculture Team. Magally has sold fruit and been involved in the FFA week activities.
• Star Agricultural Placement — Trevor Schmidt. The FFA Chapter Star Agricultural Placement is awarded to the Milbank FFA member whose main supervised agriculture project is placement at an agricultural business/farm. Trevor’s placement site is at Schuneman Equipment Company. Trevor has been involved in many of the Milbank FFA activities.
• Star Farmer — Rebekah Tuchscherer. The FFA Chapter Star Farmer is awarded to the Milbank FFA member who has a supervised project is production based. Rebekah has a Farm Production project on her parents farm, Dale Tuchscherer.
• Star AgriScience — Kadon Leddy. The FFA Chapter Star Agriscience is awarded to the Milbank FFA member who plans, conducts and complete an AgriScience project. Kadon along with Kiera planned an Social AgriScience Project entitled “Are South Dakota School Engaged in the Farm to School.” Kadon and Kiera will represent South Dakota at the National FFA Convention in October.
• Monsanto Leadership Awards — Ashley McCulloch. The Monsanto Leadership Award is awarded to the Milbank FFA member who has an outstanding record in Supervised Projects, FFA activities and classroom work.
• Leadership Awards were given to the FFA member who displayed outstanding leadership through out the year were: Freshmen — Chase Pinkert; Sophomores — Will Mischel, Juniors — Kristine Fairchild and Senior — Zach Wiese.
• Scholarship — Based on Grade point, classroom work, assignments completed, participation in class, for the school year. Freshmen — Shane Bates; Sophomore — Kadon Leddy; Junior — Cara Berkner and Senior — Michaela DeWald
Milbank FFA members that placed at the State FFA Convention were awarded their certificates. The National FFA competing teams of Dairy Cattle and Food Science were recognized.
Greenhand Pins was awarded to the first year FFA members and Chapter FFA pins to the second year FFA members.