Star Partners fund needed leadership programs for South Dakota FFA Foundation
BATH – The South Dakota FFA has been a major part of the spirit of South Dakota’s youth and agriculture for more than 86 years. The Star Partner Program joins the efforts of SD businesses and organizations with FFA’s mission of developing premier leadership, personal growth and career success for youth involved in agriculture education.
“The need to build partnerships in support of local and state agricultural education programs continues to grow,” said Gerri Ann Eide, executive director of the South Dakota FFA Foundation. “These partners provide quality leadership training for our FFA members, ensuring we have trained employees for the future of the production and business sides of South Dakota agriculture. Our star partners make a huge difference for members through high school, collegiate, advisor and alumni events!”
The South Dakota FFA Foundation’s Star Partner program welcomes a growing list of supporters that see the value of South Dakota FFA and agricultural education at both the local and state level:
• Distinguished Star Partners – Northland Ford Dealers
• 5 Star Partners – Monsanto
• 3 Star Partners – ADM Benson Quinn; CHS Foundation and North Central Farmers Elevator
• 2 Star Partners – SD Wheat Growers; South Dakota Soybean Research and Promotion Council, and Wilbur Ellis
• 1 Star Partners – BASF, Butler Machinery; Croplan by Winfield; DuPont Pioneer; East River Electric; Farm Credit Services of Americas; Hanson Associates LLC; Midwest Ag Supply; RDO Equipment (Aberdeen; Webster, Redfield; Sioux Falls; Rapid City); SD Corn Utilization Council,; US Army/ Army ROTC; Zoetis; and C & B Operations, LLC (Gettysburg; Selby; Roscoe; Miller; Freeman; Yankton; Wagner; and Mitchell).
Star Partner Program support provides resources for the South Dakota FFA Association, South Dakota FFA Alumni, South Dakota Association of Agricultural Educators, South Dakota FFA Foundation, post secondary agricultural events, and agricultural education at South Dakota State University.
“It’s a win-win partnership as our agriculture education programs receive valuable support to prepare future employees for agricultural careers and develop skills to provide leadership for their local communities, while at the same time businesses and organizations receive year-long recognition for their partnership,” says Eide.
For a complete listing of South Dakota FFA Foundation Star Partners visit www.sdffafoundation.org.