Rosholt Threshing Bee set for Aug. 15-16
The 27th Annual Rosholt Threshing Bee will be held Aug. 15-16 in Rosholt, South Dakota. Bring the family & plan to spend the weekend in Rosholt. It’s filled with fun and excitement as you step back in time.
• Car Show: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Held at the Threshing Grounds. All makes of cars, trucks, tractors and motorcycles are welcome.
• Craft Show: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Held at the Threshing Grounds.
• Horse Games: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Held at the Threshing Grounds.
• Food Vendors Open.
• Fishing Lure Demo by Rick Whittier.
• Little Tykes Inflatables and Barrel Train: All day long.
• RHS All-School Reunion: 1-4 p.m. in RHS gym.
• Street Dance 9 p.m. Music by “FROST FIRE.”
• Church Service: 9 a.m. at Augustana on the grounds.
• Craft Show: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Threshing Grounds.
• Food Court opens at 10:30 a.m.
• The “BIG” Parade: Noon.
• Petting Zoo: All afternoon.
• Face Painting by Nina Dalberg.
• Demonstrations after the parade: Grain threshing, gas engines, saw and shingle mill, field work, blacksmithing, campfire cooking, horses and several other displays.
• Handmade Fishing Lure Demo by Rick Whittier.
• Music entertainment by Dale Hannasch.
• Little Tykes Inflatables and Barrel Train: All day.
• Kiddie Pedal Tractor Pull: 2 p.m. For ages 4 to 11.
• Adult Pedal Tractor Pull: Following Kiddie Pull.
• Antique Tractor Pull: 2 p.m. start. Open to 1959 models and older. Use the south entrance. Candyland Tractor Pullers Skid and Weigh-in starts at 1 p.m.
• Straw Pile Coin Hunt: 3:30 p.m. For ages 3 to 11.
The IHC line of farm equipment is featured this year, but owners of all brands are encouraged to participate! Case will be featured in 2016. The dates are Aug. 20-21, 2016.
For liability and safety reasons, no alcohol is allowed on the grounds. No bikes, golf carts or other ATVs are allowed without permission and proof of insurance, and please have walkers distribute candy during the parade. No one, in the parade or on the grounds, can drive without a valid driver’s license. Absolutely no pets allowed. A $7 donation admits you to all activities on the Threshing Grounds.
The event is sponsored by the Rosholt Area Threshermen’s Assoc. and Rosholt Lions Club.
For more information call (605) 537-4792 or 537-4804. Information may be accessed at www.rosholtthreshingbee.com