USCA invites all members to attend annual meeting
The United States Cattlemen’s Association (USCA) will hold its annual meeting Oct. 2 and 3 in Bismarck, North Dakota at the Ramada Bismarck Hotel.
The meeting will begin on Friday, October 2nd with local members leading the group on a multi-ranch tour of operations on the west side of the Missouri River. “Folks will see some fantastic views of the Missouri River and can learn about successful ranching in this region of the U. S. as well. Each ranch is unique and will offer new ideas for members to take home with them,” stated Kenny Granner, USCA Board of Director, Independent Beef Association of North Dakota (I-BAND) Past President and convention chairman.
On Saturday, October 3rd, the meeting agenda will focus on general policy development and invited guests and speakers; topics to be discussed include: COOL, EPA Waters of the U.S., international trade, market reporting, industry updates and more. Saturday’s agenda is as follows:
• 9:00 a.m.: I-BAND and USCA meetings
• 10:30 a.m.: Jess Peterson, Western Skies Strategies, Washington, D.C. update
• 11:15 a.m.: Susan Keller, DVM, North Dakota State Vet
• 1:00 p.m.: Terry Stewart, Stewart & Stewart, Washington, D.C.
• 2:00 p.m.: Jerry Hagstrom, Hagstrom Report
• 2:45 p.m.: Matt Diersen: Risk Business Management Specialist, SDSU Extension
• 3:30 p.m.: Doug Goehring, North Dakota Ag Commissioner
• 4:15 p.m.: Panel discussion: All speakers available for questions
• 5:30 p.m.: Social and supper, Dr. Krayton Kerns to speak
Graner commented on the meeting agenda, “We welcome all producers to come and listen to this great line up of speakers and ask questions of these experts.” To reserve your space on the ranch tour, please call 701-319-4328 or 701-663-3805; for room reservations call the Ramada at 701-258-7000.