Golfers raise more than $16,000 for the Angus Foundation
Seventy-nine golfers participated in a golf tournament on July 5, 2016, sponsored by the Angus Foundation at the Indianhead Golf Club in Grand Island, Neb., raising $16,677 in gross proceeds for education, youth and research. The 16th Annual Angus Foundation Golf Tournament was hosted in conjunction with the 2016 National Junior Angus Show (NJAS), also in Grand Island, Neb.
“We are so appreciative of the folks who continue returning to the Angus Foundation golf tournament year after year as sponsors and players,” says Milford Jenkins, Angus Foundation president. “These Angus enthusiasts are helping provide for our breed’s future. As one of our fun and relaxing fundraisers, our goal is for everyone who plays and participates to have an enjoyable time golfing while knowing they are supporting a worthwhile cause.”
Golf tournament winners this year in Flight 1 included Jim Purfeerst, Matt Purfeerst, Mark Purfeerst, all of Faribault, Minn., and Lynn Ewald of Waldorf, Minn. Flight 2 winners were Cody Washam, Rick Washam and Dereck Washam, all of Pierce City, Mo. and Roger Behlmann of Saint Paul, Mo. Flight 3 winners were Mary Greiman, Garner, Iowa; Cody Jensen, Plainfield, Iowa; and Alan Jensen and Joelle Jensen, North English, Iowa.
2016 tournament event sponsors were KNS Animal Nutrition and NuTech.
Hole-in-one sponsors were Paul and Lynn Hill; Sarah and Jason Schaffer; and Neenah and Alok Jain, all of Bidwell, Ohio.
Clubhouse sponsors were Nancy Grathwohl Heter, Zoetis cattle genetics specialist and Ron and Lisa Colburn, Colburn Cattle Co., Visalia, Calif.
Tee box sponsors were Greiman Family Angus, Garner, Iowa, and Jensen Angus Farm, Plainfield, Iowa.
Hole sponsors include:
• American Angus Association Regional Managers
• Dal Porto Livestock, Brentwood, Calif.
• In memory of Lyle Haring by Roger J. Hill, Camanche, Iowa
• Lazy JB Angus, Montrose, Colo.
• Mississippi Angus Association
• Pfeiffer Angus Farms, Mulhall, Okla.
• Rogen Angus, Brandon, S.D.
• Doug Satree Angus, Montague, Texas
• Schnoor Sisters, Chowchilla, Calif.
• Stehr Land & Cattle, Altus, Okla.
• Sydenstricker Genetics, Mexico, Mo.
• The Wagner Girls, Billings, Mont.
• Tokach Angus Ranch, Saint Anthony, N.D.
• Wisconsin Jr. Angus Association
Flag sponsors included:
• C-5 Angus, Ancona, Ill.
• Harry H. Bachman, Auctioneer, Annville, Pa.
• Hacienda Angus, Selma, Calif.
• Henricks Cattle Co., Anadarko, Okla.
• Michigan Angus Association
• Silveira Brothers, Firebaugh, Calif.
• Tree Lane Farms, El Paso, Ill.
• University of Nebraska Livestock Judging Team
• Woodbury Farms, Quenemo, Kan.
In addition, Sysco Lincoln, Lincoln, Neb., provided Certified Angus BeefÒ® (CAB®) steaks for the tournament awards luncheon. Slate Group, Lubbock, Texas, assisted with the printing of the signs and banners for the tournament.
Evan Woodbury, Foundation director on the National Junior Angus Association Board (NJAB) from Quenemo, Kan., and Braden Henricks, NJAB director from Anadarko, Okla., served as this year’s masters of ceremonies.