Star Partners fund needed SD FFA leadership programs
The South Dakota FFA actively engages South Dakota’s youth in agriculture, and hasd done so for more than 86 years. The Star Partner Program joins the efforts of SD businesses and organizations with FFA’s mission of developing premier leadership, personal growth and career success for youth involved in agriculture education.
Star Partner funding provides support for all levels of agriculture education in South Dakota through the SD FFA Association, SD FFA Foundation, SD FFA Alumni, SDSU Agriculture Education, SD Association of Agriculture Educators, and Future Ag Leaders.
“The need to build partnerships in support of local and state agricultural education programs continues to grow,” said Gerri Ann Eide, executive director of the South Dakota FFA Foundation. “We understand the ag economy is tight right now and it is inspiring to see companies and individuals stepping up! Our star partners are leading by example, meeting the needs of our students who are our future leaders and employees. These partners provide quality leadership training for our FFA members, ensuring we have trained employees for the future of the production and business sides of SD agriculture. “
The South Dakota FFA Foundation’s Star Partner program welcomes a growing list of supporters that see the value of South Dakota FFA and agriculture education at both the local and state level:
• Distinguished Star Partners– Twin City Region Northland Ford Dealers
• 4 Star Partners – Monsanto
• 3 Star Partners – CHS Foundation and North Central Farmers Elevator
• 2 Star Partners – ADM Benson Quinn; Producers Hybrid and SD Wheat Growers;
• 1 Star Partners –AT&T; BASF, Butler Machinery; Croplan by Winfield; DuPont Pioneer; East River Electric; Farm Credit Services of Americas; Hanson Associates LLC; Midwest Ag Supply; RDO Equipment (Aberdeen; Webster, Redfield; Sioux Falls; Rapid City); SD Corn Utilization Council; SD Farm Bureau; US Army/ Army ROTC; Wilbur Ellis, Zoetis; and C & B Operations, LLC (Gettysburg; Selby; Roscoe; Miller; Freeman; Yankton; Wagner; and Mitchell).
Star Partner Program support provides resources for the South Dakota FFA Association, South Dakota FFA Alumni, South Dakota Association of Agricultural Educators, South Dakota FFA Foundation, post secondary agricultural events, and agricultural education at South Dakota State University.
“It’s a win-win partnership as all levels of our agriculture education programs receive valuable support to prepare future employees for agricultural careers and develop skills to provide leadership for their local communities, while at the same time businesses and organizations receive year-long recognition for their partnership.” says Eide.
For a complete listing of South Dakota FFA Foundation Star Partners visit www.sdffafoundation.org.