Bergen Threshing Bee set for Aug. 7 near Bristol
What: Second Annual Bergen Threshing Bee
When: August 7
Where: Bergen Church, from Bristol: 6.5 miles north, 2 miles east, 1/4 mile south
8 – 9:30 a.m.: Breakfast, free will offering
10 a.m.: Old-fashioned church service. There will be singing.
11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Dinner with klub and ham, salads, rommegrot, and homemade spritz for dessert.
• $10 tickets for the ham and klub dinner must be purchased in advance. Contact Kenny Anderson at 605-345-3695 or any Bergen Church member.
• Threshing will be ongoing throughout the day except during worship.
• Covered wagon rides, potato picking, lawn games, door prizes.
• Ladies feel free to wear your old-fashioned Sunday best.
• Gents feel free to wear threshing duds and straw hat.