BHSS Stockman’s Auction supports scholarships and grants
• What: 2017 Black Hills Stock Show & Rodeo Stockman’s Auction
• Where: Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Theater, Rapid City, S.D.
• When: Viewing — Jan. 27, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Jan. 28, 8 – 10 a.m.; Auction — Jan. 28, 10 a.m.
Please make plans to attend the auction viewing and vendor show on Jan. 27 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center Theater in Rapid City. The doors will open on Jan. 28 at 8 a.m. and the auction will begin at 10 a.m.
Proceeds from the sale goes to the BHSS Foundation to support scholarships (minimum outlay per year $32,000) plus regional grant programs. We are anticipating over 350 old west memorabilia items for the auction.
In 1993 the Black Hills Stock Show Foundation was established to manage scholarship and grant programs benefiting the communities, the region and the people who support Black Hills Stock Show & Rodeo and the livestock industry.
Their annual scholarships are awarded to young adults pursuing higher education in ag-related fields of study and who plan to put their education to work here at home.
Their annual grants are awarded for programs and projects that serve to bring greater awareness, information and services to regional/community interests by increasing knowledge and furthering rural social and economic well-being.
The BHSSF officers represent a cross-section of interests and valuable input and resources. Many Foundation members are also recognized by the larger community as people making a difference.
The Foundation will again be on board with the Stockman’s Club welcoming members and guests the full ten (10) days of the Show. With all the associated high energy activities of the Stock Show it is always nice to relax and entertain old friends while making new ones in the welcoming and comfortable atmosphere of the Stockman’s Club.
The Foundation will also be presenting the recipients of their six $4,000 scholarships at the Annual Fundraiser Stockman’s Auction at the BHSS Stockman’s Banquet and Ball at 6 p.m. on Jan. 28 at the Best Western Ramkota.
2017 Category I Scholarship Winners
• Kelsey Lensgrav, Kadoka Area High school, daughter of Ken and Kim Lensegrav.
• Sarah Vos, Rapid City Central High School, daughter of Wade and Dallas Vox.
• Carson Sleep, Spearfish High School, son of Jeff and Jody Sleep.
• Zane Zilverberg, T.F. Riggs High School, son of Gary and April Zilverberg.
• Morgan Hoffman, Leola High School, daughter of Brian Hoffman and Denise Waltman.
• Elle Moon, Wall High School, daughter of Andy and Lisa Moon.
2017 Category II Scholarship Winners
• Julianna Kari, Bison High School, daughter of John and Veronica Kari.
• Emma Mesman, T.F Riggs High School, daughter of Lowell and Amy Mesman.
The Scholarship Committee wishes to extend their sincere appreciation to the very qualified students who submitted applications. It was an extremely difficult task to select the winners.