New leadership team announced for North Central, Wheat Growers merger
A team has been formed to lead the new cooperative created by the merger of Wheat Growers and North Central Farmers Elevator, according to a post on the Wheat Growers Facebook page.
Chris Pearson, Wheat Growers CEO, will serve as CEO of the new cooperative. Mike Nickolas, North Central general manager, will be executive vice president and chief operating officer-grain marketing.
Other positions announced include:
• John Husk, chief operating officer.
• Joe Zikmund, senior vice president-finance.
• Blake Bomesberger, chief financial officer.
• Tracy Linbo, senior vice president-agronomy, communications and marketing.
• Judy Stulken, senior vice president-employee and member development.
Zikmund is listed as the controller at North Central on the co-op’s website. All of the others now work at Wheat Growers.
Member of both agriculture cooperatives approved the merger on Sept. 28. They will start doing business jointly on Feb. 1, 2018. A new name has not yet been announced.
— Staff reports