NDSU Extension hosting brine spill discussions
Landowners will have an opportunity to discuss their concerns and experiences with brine spills during a series of informal meetings the North Dakota State University Extension Service is hosting.
These meetings are open to all landowners interested in talking about brine spills. The focus of the discussions is pipelines.
Kevin Connors, the pipeline program supervisor with the North Dakota Department of Mineral Resources, will attend the discussions. The goal of these meetings is for landowners to share information and voice their concerns.
Meetings have been scheduled in regions of North Dakota that have been impacted by energy development. The dates and locations are:
• Feb. 27 – Williston, NDSU’s Williston Research Extension Center, 9 to 11 a.m.
• March 20 – Killdeer, Dunn County Road Department, 1 to 3 p.m.
• March 27 – Minot, NDSU’s North Central Research Extension Center, 1 to 3 p.m.
Space will be limited to 30 participant at each location, so contact the Extension agent or other contact person for the location you will be attending to reserve your spot:
• Williston – Danielle Steinhoff, 701-577-4595, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Brandon Biwer, 701-965-6501, email@example.com.
• Killdeer – Morgan Wisness, 701-444-3451, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Janet Wanek 701-764-5593, email@example.com.
• Minot – Paige Brummund, 701-857-6444, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jim Hennessy, 701-628-2835, email@example.com.
The Northwest Landowners Association is providing snacks and refreshments.