Governor’s Ag Ambassador nominations sought
PIERRE – The South Dakota Department of Agriculture (SDDA) is seeking nominations for the 2018 South Dakota Governor’s Ag Ambassador Award.
Nominees should be for individuals or organizations who have continually worked to promote agriculture in South Dakota, while demonstrating servant leadership, hard work, honesty, humility and respect for others.
Key achievements of the Ag Ambassador:
• Provides visionary leadership to South Dakota’s agricultural industry.
• Champions growth and prosperity of the state’s number one industry.
• Advocates for agriculture and the responsible stewardship of livestock and land.
• Highlights the significance of South Dakota agriculture to our global food system.
• Influences decision makers to develop and implement sound agricultural policies.
Nominations are due to the SDDA by May 11, 2018. The form can be found at http://sdda.sd.gov under the “Happening Now” section by clicking “2018 Governor’s Ag Ambassador Nominations.”
The award will be presented during the eighth annual Governor’s Agricultural Summit in Rapid City on July 12.
The 2017 Governor’s Ag Ambassador was Lake Area Technical Institute. Lake Area Technical Institute’s Agriculture Program is a top program, providing students with hands-on, real world experience so they graduate workforce ready in a dynamic, vital industry.