Respirator fit testing webinar – April 30
Do you have employees who need to wear a respirator this year? Or would you like to be a fit testing resource to your community? University of Minnesota Extension is hosting a free fit test training webinar in collaboration with 3M on April 30.
Many agricultural chemicals require respirators in order to be used safely. The Worker Protection Standard mandates that employers provide annual fit tests to their employees, as well as annual respirator training. While there is no formal certification that allows someone to offer fit testing, it’s important to be comfortable with the process. This webinar will cover the basics of respirator regulations and selection, and will provide a run-through of qualitative fit testing.
• When: April 30, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Central Time.
• Registration link: z.umn.edu/respirators (We will send you an invitation to the webinar via email, so please register.)
• How to prepare: If possible, get access to a kit ahead of time so you can follow along and practice fit testing with us. We recommend a Bitrex fit test kit from either 3M or Allegro; these can be purchased from any ag safety retailer (Gemplers, Grainger, PK Safety, etc.).
• 10-10:30 a.m.: Intro to respirator selection and regulations.
• 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Fit testing – basics of qualitative fit testing with demonstrations.
• 11:30 a.m. -1 p.m.: Open for audience practice and questions.
This webinar will be recorded, but please try to attend the live session to take advantage of Q&A with 3M’s respirator experts.