Northern Oahe Walleye Series adds new tournament
The Northern Oahe Walleye Series is preparing for its third year of competition, and a new fishing tournament has been added to its schedule.
The Grand River Casino Cup will be the sixth qualifying tournament of the series that anglers can participate in to qualify for the championship tournament and accumulate points for the circuit’s team-of-the-year title.
Here are the tournaments, dates and locations for the series:
• Wolves on the Water: June 2, New Evarts Resort near Glenham.
• Denny Palmer Memorial: June 8-9, Mobridge.
• Pollock Men’s Club: June 16-17, Pollock.
• Whitlock Bay: July 7-8, Gettysburg.
• South Dakota Walleye Classic: July 21-22, Akaska.
• Grand River Casino Cup: July 14, Mobridge.
• Series Championship: Aug. 3-4, Mobridge.
As in the past, anglers can fish one or all of the tournaments without participating in the series itself.
Two- or three-person teams that participate in the series will receive points based upon where they finish in each tournament, and the top 25 teams in each tournament qualify for the championship event.
If teams fish in at least three qualifying tournaments, point totals will be applied toward a team-of-the-year title. If they fish in more than three qualifying tournaments, point totals from their top three finishes will be applied toward the team-of-the-year standings.
Along with other prizes, a $5,000 cash prize is guaranteed for teams that win the championship or team-of-the-year title.
For more information or to register for any of the tournaments, go to northernoaheseries.com.