Crop Improvement and Seed Association meetings set
Information about new seed varieties and producing seed, and questions about seed laws will be featured at the North Dakota Crop Improvement and Seed Association (NDCISA) district meetings set for Dec. 3-6.
“Come learn more about the seed industry in North Dakota,” says Toni Muffenbier, NDCISA office manager. “Attending a district meeting is an excellent opportunity to learn more about the organization as we’ve made some changes recently. It’s also a great time to ask questions and meet others who are passionate about agriculture in North Dakota.”
The districts, dates, locations and times of the meetings are:
- Southeast, Dec. 3, Veterans Memorial Auditorium, Casselton, N.D., 9 a.m.
- Southwest, Dec. 4, Dickinson Research Extension Center, Dickinson, N.D., 1 p.m. MT
- Northwest, Dec. 5, North Central Research Extension Center, Minot, N.D., 9 a.m.
- Northeast, Dec. 6, Memorial Building – Armory, Devils Lake, N.D., 9 a.m.
Each district meeting will include updates on county membership and checkoff, district resolutions and elections, and a district financial report.
In addition to a business meeting, program topics to be covered during the meetings include:
- Research fee update and impact – North Dakota State University Research Foundation
- Small-grain variety update – NDSU Extension
- State Seed Department update – North Dakota State Seed Department
- Foundation Seedstocks update – NDSU Foundation Seedstocks
The meetings are free and open to the public. Door prizes will be given away at each of the district meetings. For more information, contact Muffenbier at 701-231-8067 or email email@example.com.