Langdon Research Extension Center Field Day set
The North Dakota State University Langdon Research Extension Center (LREC) once again is partnering with the Northern Canola Growers Association (NCGA) to host the 2019 annual field day and plot tours.
The field day will be held Thursday, July 18, at the LREC, which is one mile east of Langdon, N.D., on North Dakota Highway 5. The event will run from 8 a.m. to noon.
Topics being addressed include:
• An update on the canola clubroot infestation affecting northeastern North Dakota and an update on the overall 2019 canola growing season
• Information on crops being affected by insect activity during the 2019 growing season
• Soybean production issues, including properly identifying Palmar amaranth and other weed concerns
• The current situation and possible actions to minimize disease pressure in small grains
• Production information to support the increased interest in pulse crops in northeastern North Dakota
• Report on the current farm financial situation and outlook
• Benefits of full-season cover crops
The NCGA is sponsoring the morning coffee break and noon lunch.
Attending the field day is free of charge.