Register now for Minnesota small grain workshops
Small grain workshops are being held across southern Minnesota to address successful small grain management. Whether you are a farmer or crop consultant already producing small grains, or a farmer looking for another crop to add to the rotation, these workshops are for you.
Workshops will focus on production agronomics, variety selection, and economics, and include an open-forum discussion for related topics and on-farm experiences. Workshops are sponsored by the Minnesota Wheat Research and Promotion Council.
Lunch is included at all sites except Mora. Registration is free, and is strongly encouraged to assist with meal planning. Please register by visiting https://z.umn.edu/southern-small-grain or contact Jared Goplen at 320-589-1711 x2128 or email@example.com for more information.
• Feb. 17 — Rochester, 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m., at Heintz Center. PPAT will precede the small grains program.
• Feb. 18 — Le Center, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., at 4-H Family Center.
• Feb. 19 — Cold Spring, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., at Great Blue Heron.
• Feb. 19 — Mora, 1 p.m.-4 p.m., at Kanabec County Courthouse.
• Feb. 20 — Granite Falls, 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., at The Rock Dining and Events.
• Feb. 20 — Slayton, 12:30 p.m.-4 p.m., at Murray County 4-H Building. The Murray County Crops program will precede the small grains program.
• Feb. 21 — Benson, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., at Hanny’s Bar & Grill.
Presenters may vary by location, but include Jochum Wiersma, Extension small grain specialist and Jared Goplen, Extension educator — crops.