South Dakota FFA members earn American degrees
Twenty-six South Dakota FFA members from 12 chapters earned their American FFA Degree this year. Recipients will be recognized during the 93rd FFA Convention on Oct. 27 at 7:45 p.m. CST. All convention sessions will be held virtually and broadcast on RFD-TV. American FFA Degrees will be awarded to the following:
- Brigita Pearl Rasmussen and Tori Rasmussen.
- Katelyn Kotas, Kristin Kotas and Nicholas Thon.
- Caleb Rasmussen and Kadin LaBrie.
- Kaylen Stearns.
- Haley I Feldhaus.
- Cassandra Townsend, Josie LaMee and Miranda Hanson.
- Blake W Pulse, Cole Charles Grasma, Cole James Schock, Kyle John Butzke and Rylee William Klinkhammer.
- Leah DiPippo.
- Nathan Linke.
- Samantha Wiseman.
- Shelby Ruland.
- Clay Farmer, Gabe Lorang, Kadyn Nolz, Megan Schoeneman and Taylor McMartin.
The American degree is the highest degree an FFA member can receive from the National FFA Organization. Only FFA members who have demonstrated the highest level of commitment to FFA and made significant accomplishments in their supervised agricultural experiences (SAEs) are eligible for the American FFA Degree. Members must have earned and productively invested at least $7,500, or have earned and productively invested at least $1,500 and worked 2,250 hours beyond scheduled school hours through their SAEs.